Friday, May 6, 2011

David Hockney

Influential British artist David Hockney spans many decades and versatile styles of art. Known as a painter, draughtsman, printmaker, photographer, and stage designer and for his contribution to the Pop art movement of the 1960's.

I like the graphic, architectural style of his paintings during this period. Most well known to me being his A Bigger Splash, 1967.



I also really like some of his prints.



Also quite interesting is his work from the 70's in set design, which I would love to do. But what I would really like to have a go at creating and experimenting with is his photographic collages and composite photographs from the 80's.






Check out Flicker for other's experimentation. I so want to try this. They look great! Especially playing around with focus and leaving out unimportant bits.




No comments:

Post a Comment